The Modern Platinum Palladium Print From Start To Finish
This intensive two day workshop covers the basics of platinum/palladium (na2) printing as well as an introduction of the digital negative workflow. It is intended for the beginner or the experienced platinum printer who wants to learn about creating digital negatives for this process.
Topics included in this workshop:
- Creating a calibration curve for your digital negative output.
- Establishing your exposure time.
- Scanning film negatives.
- Making digital negatives using Photoshop and Quad Tone RIP
- Paper choice and hand coating techniques.
- Processing standards and safe chemical handling
- Equipment & material suppliers
Participants should bring four to five film negatives (med format or 4×5 recommended) or high resolution digital files (raw or grey scale). We will be creating digital negatives using Quad tone RIP and contact printing them onto hand coated platinum/palladium paper.
The maximum number of participants is limited to four so there will be plenty of one on one instruction for each individual. Location will be set at my home studio in Broomfield, CO. Tuition is set at $250.00 plus a $95.00 material fee. Lunch will be supplied both days.